[Kst] NetCDF-4 support and windows build

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Tue Oct 7 08:21:29 UTC 2014

On 05.10.2014 21:01, Nicolas Brisset wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
>> Netcdf needs a HDF5 build on Windows, so if you manage it to build
>> HDF5 with mingw we could try to incorporate it.
> Indeed, that's what's needed. The problem is that the HDF page says mingw is not supported... I would still give it a try since everything is constantly changing. But I am confused about compiler versions. If I get ir correctly, our Windows build is in fact cross-compiled under Ubuntu 12.04. I don't know if I can use a mingw "native" Windows compiler to create some libraries. I've had bad experiences trying to mix libs compiled with even slightly different mingw versions under Windows, so I fear a cygwin gcc version or cross-compiler coud lead to even more issues.

Using cygwin would not work.

> So, to get me started could you give me all relevant details please?

The build server uses prebuild 3rdparty libs which were build on windows,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kst/files/3rdparty/

This works when the compiler matches, it was a GCC 4.7.2 with dw2 exeption handling:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kst/files/3rdparty/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc-dw2-4.7.2-release-win32_rubenvb.7z