[Kst] NetCDF-4 support and windows build

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Sun Oct 5 19:01:51 UTC 2014

Hi Peter,

> Netcdf needs a HDF5 build on Windows, so if you manage it to build
> HDF5 with mingw we could try to incorporate it.
Indeed, that's what's needed. The problem is that the HDF page says mingw is not supported... I would still give it a try since everything is constantly changing. But I am confused about compiler versions. If I get ir correctly, our Windows build is in fact cross-compiled under Ubuntu 12.04. I don't know if I can use a mingw "native" Windows compiler to create some libraries. I've had bad experiences trying to mix libs compiled with even slightly different mingw versions under Windows, so I fear a cygwin gcc version or cross-compiler coud lead to even more issues.
So, to get me started could you give me all relevant details please?

Thanks,