[Kst] Plan for 2.0.9 / 2.1.0?

Barth Netterfield barth.netterfield at utoronto.ca
Wed Nov 19 23:57:02 UTC 2014

On November 18, 2014 11:22:26 PM Nicolas Brisset wrote:
Hi,

What's the plan for the next version? Here is what I have in mind after
playing around quite a bit to prepare the video tutorials. Please comment and
add your ideas or wishes. I think we should also somehow transfer that to
bugzilla to keep track.

> - I think one of the big "new" feature planned was complete scripting
support, including Windows and making it worth a 2.1.0. Is that correct?

Yes.  It think we are pretty close.

> editable vectors in the UI (also discussed recently)

Yes.

> , log spacing,

What does that mean?

> copy/paste vectors from Excel/HTML/LibreOffice

Cool idea.

> - Adding proper support for NetCDF-4 and maybe HDF5 (at least recent Matlab
files, also using HDF5 as backend) on all platforms.

OK with me, but I won't be able to support this in any meaningful way.

> - The "visual range definition" feature discussed recently on this list.

On my list.

>- Fix for the change data file bug, the tool hangs when there are FFTs or
other dependents!

Ack!! should be high priority!  Bugzilla!!

>- Marker navigation (jump to previous/next) + using scalars

Not sure what you mean.

> - Possibility to use X and Y vectors as image index (e.g. lat/lon
coordinates instead of the index)

Not sure what you mean.

> - Make the pull-down menu for selecting strings use the whole screen width!

Yes!

> - Load color palettes from file

Good idea.  Would an in-kst editor also be of value?

>- Maybe a prune plugin which removes data from vectors if they match (or
don't match) a given criterion.

Nice.  Wishlist.

> - Some bug fixes like settings not being remembered or ASCII columns getting
mixed up (see bug 301203)

Hmmm... I don't remember this one.  Sounds bad.

>- Adding legend boxes with a point on the curve, an arrow and a text box
containing coordinates in a single click (like Matlab does)

Nice.  Wishlist.

> - Improvement of time-based range selection (specific toolbar?)

Worth filling it out.

I want to start into a periodic bug-fix release cycle for whenever things are
fixed and stable.

--
Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto