[Kst] Help need in translating

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Mon Mar 10 22:20:10 UTC 2014

Hi Lukasz,

Sorry that it took so long to answer, but I had to look at a lot of things to wrap my head around it.

At the moment, Kst2 is still a pure Qt app and loads its translations from a .qm file located under a locale/ subdir of the directory where the binary you are running resides.
You can get the .qm file from the .po simply with "lconvert -i kst_common_pl.po -o kst_common_pl.qm".
When running the app, you have to make sure the LANG variable is set to pl or pl_PL (like "LANG=pl ./kst2") if it not already set in your environment.

Could you please try this and report whether it works? I tried it here and saw some Polish in the About dialog.

Then we'll have to decide where to put the translations, and in which format. And hopefully we'll be able to generate them at compile time from a script.

Thanks for your support,

Nicolas