[Kst] Path to Kst executable

Ben Lewis egretengineering at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 11:01:12 UTC 2013

Kst,

I'm having a number of problems with Kst which are possibly related to each other.

Symptom1
-------------
When I try to open a recent kst file from the File menu I get the following error:

Error opening document:
'C:/Program Files (x86)/Kst 2.0.7/C:/kstFile.kst'
File could not be opened for reading.

where C:/kstFile.kst' is the path to the kst file I'm trying to open.

After every unsuccessful attempt to load the file the text in the titlebar appends the path to the
Kst executable in front of the file name. So, for example, after three attempts the text in the
title bar will look like this:

'C:/Program Files (x86)/Kst 2.0.7/C:/Program Files (x86)/Kst 2.0.7/C:/Program Files (x86)/Kst
2.0.7/C:/kstFile.kst'

I also see the path to the Kst executable added to the kst file name in other places like the Data
Wizard and the Change Data File Dialog box.

Symptom 2
--------------
Whenever I try to load/change or generally work with a data file the dialogue box freezes for a long
time (10 - 20 sec).

It's like Kst hangs on every file operation because it can't find the file it's looking for (because
it has the path to the executable added to it) and eventually it gives up.

Environment
----------------
Kst 2.0.7
Windows7 x64

What I've tried
Uninstalling and reinstalling
Uninstalling 2.0.7 and reinstalling 2.0.6
Registry clean

Nothing has worked.

I haven't always had this problem but I don't know when it crept in.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Regards, Ben