[Kst] 2 small issues

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Sat Oct 26 09:51:21 UTC 2013

Hi Barth,

I have seen and tested your 2 commits for my 2 issues: they work fine, thanks a lot!

Regarding your comments wrt updates of the vector list, you're right with the vectorselector: the user won't notice so your solution is perfectly OK.
For the flat list with all vectors visible (until you have too many...) it is more of an issue. My idea was not to update whenever a vector is added to the store, which happens behind the scenes and does not interest the user, but rather to trigger it when one or more vectors have been created from the datawizard or the create menu.
Now, thinking a bit more about it I realize that filters and plugins also create vectors, so it's not just those 2 actions.
Ideally, we would need to find the place to update the views at the end of any user-triggered action.
I more or less thought it was the purpose of MainWindow::updateViewItems, but I may have been wrong. I don't understand all the subtleties of the update system...

Not a high-priority, but maybe worth thinking about it.

Nicolas