[Kst] 2 small issues

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Thu Oct 24 19:03:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

I noticed 2 small issues today with the current git master version, which should hopefully be easy to fix. I can open bug reports, but I'll do so only if it's worth the time I have to invest into it (i.e. the fixes can't be done immediately :-))

The first issue is that the vector list in the new vector view is not updated when a vector is created from the Create->Vector menu.
@Barth: where is the best place to add a call to _viewVectorDialog->update()? There is one in MainWindow::updateViewItems but apparently it's not enough. Before adding calls all over the place I'd like to know where to put it!

The second issue is that I wanted to read only every 4th sample from a vector coming from an ASCII file starting at different values. If I had a vector containing line numbers I'd  want something like that:
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12
I tried to use both the datawizard and the create->vector menu, setting the start field to 0, 1, 2 and 3 and using "Read one sample per 4 frames" but apparently it does not work as expected. I guess I still don't understand this frame stuff so before making changes in the code I thought I'd rather ask! Is this currently possible? If not, where should we change things? I'd be tempted to start with DataWizard::finished() around line 900 and VectorDialog::createNewDataVector() but guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks,