[Kst] Displaying a huge number of points

Janvrot janvrot at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 20:32:52 UTC 2013

Hi Nicolas

Using kst with the patch I noticed that it gets lazy when one passes the
mouse over the chart with X-only or Y-only zoom mode.This do not happen over
the menu, etc. I'm using it with up to 1.4 million points.

Also I had to disable OpenGL on the Settings, because then it became
unusably slow. This happens even with 100 K points. That is not an issue
though, because my linux-box is a new 2-graphic card Optimus technology and
I have bumblebee installed with nouveau driver, not with NVIDIA driver, and
I do not know what to expect on this case.

Now I'm having trouble to 'make install'. I was testing kst on the cmake
build tree. I only managed to succeed installing on /opt/kst, not on
/usr/local nor on /usr. Apparently it starts testing all the binaries on the
target to fix them and it eventually fails. I succeeded installing on
/usr/local once I took off everything out of /usr/local/bin. This is
probably no big deal because I'm a complete newbie on this area. If someone
has a clue I'll appreciate.

Regards
Janvrot