[Kst] Windows compilation - MSB1011 errors and qSqrt missing

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Sat Aug 24 16:13:21 UTC 2013

On 24.08.2013 15:57, Steve Maher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble compiling revision 1363667 on Windows using Visual Studio 10 and Qt
> 4.8.5 and am hoping for some guidance.

This works: build getdata separately

- download getdata
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/getdata/files/getdata/0.8.4/getdata_win-0.8.4.zip

- create Studio files:
   cmake ..\getdata-0.8.4\cmake

- build and install Debug and Release in Studio, default install path is
   <getdata build dir>/INSTALLED

- before running cmake for Kst set a enironment variable:
   set GETDATA_DIR=<getdata build dir>/INSTALLED  (path with slashes)

Then run cmake for Kst. Here a simple cmake call without
additional parameters generates valid project files, and I could
debug through the getdata code (msvc12).

Peter