[Kst] branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/src/plugins/filters/cumulativesum

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Fri Sep 14 23:38:43 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Nicolas Brisset <
nicolas.brisset at eurocopter.com> wrote:

> SVN commit 1316195 by brisset:
>
> Some changes to the cumulative sum plugin:
> - do not make it a filter plugin so that it appears under the "Standard
> Plugin" menu, which is where I would expect it

But.... it is a filter in the kst sense.  That is, it takes in a vector,
and outputs a vector which could sensibly be plotted against the same X
vector as the original vector.  Calling it a filter makes it very easy to
plot the integral of a vector from the rmb menu in a plot.

So... should we change the name from 'filter' to something else?  If so
what?  The category is a good and useful one.

> 1) we have two almost identical copies of the differentiation plugin. One
> is enough, I think the one in src/plugins/filters is the good one
> but it should also be made "Generic", not "Filter" type. I can make that
> change (i.e. remove the second one) if nobody minds.

I will remove the Generic one.  Filter is the one we want to keep (since it
is a 'filter').

2) (*BAD*) cumulative sum and differentiation plugins are not properly
saved to the .kst file and are lost upon reloading. Try to read any

> vector, add one of those plugins, create a new curve in a new plot, save
> and reload the saved file: plugins are gone! This has to be fixed!! I
> actually fear it is the case we other plugins (I tried only low pass, but
> it also gets lost)

Fixed

> 3) when using a filter plugin from the Create menu (not the RMB contextual
> menu), a curve gets created in a new plot with a completely wrong x
> axis. The behavior is not consistent with other plugins created from the
> menu, for which no curve is created. And if a curve gets created, it
> should at least try to figure out the right X vector (to make it simple:
> use that of the first input vector). Or even better: also include the
> curve creation/placement part of the dialog when the plugin is called from
> the menu

I have 'fixed' it so it simply doesn't create a curve at all.  But your
suggestion is probably better.

--
C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto