[Kst] plotting cumulative sum of vector

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Thu Sep 13 21:00:57 UTC 2012

Python scripting has been implemented at an beta level under linux - except
that we haven't quite figured out how to properly install it.

At least the packagers haven't put it in their packages yet...

I will try to put together some sort of instructions and send that out.

cbn

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Mark Dammer <mark.dammer at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi Nicolas,
> thanks for the reply. In the meantime I got it sorted by myself. Thanks
> for your help anyway.
> BTW: Are there any plans for a python scripting interface for KST ?
> Would be great as Python is becoming more and more popular in scientific
> computing.
>
> all the best, Mark
>
> On 13/09/12 20:38, Nicolas Brisset wrote:
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > sorry it took so long to answer, we're usually much faster. But somehow
> your mail disappeared under a pile of new messages...
> >> I want to create a plot of all elements of a vector cumulatively
> >> summed
> >> up to see the overall trend:
> >> Old Vector: 1,2,-3,6,9,...
> >> Plotted New Vector: 1,3,0,6,15,...
> >> Can this be achieved with KST2 and how ?
> > Yes
> >> I found the Cumulative Sum plugin, but that returns a scalar and not
> >> a vector.
> > The Cumulative Sum plugin is correct and should return a vector. I have
> just tested it and it works if you select a step of 1.0 as each new point
> is computed as previous_sum + step*new_point.
> > It seems that the default step is 0.0, which is not really good. I'll
> change it.
> > The only "problem" is that the returned vector has a size of n+1 (the
> first point being 0.0), so if you plot it against the same x vector as the
> origin vector the curve will have interpolated points.
> > I wonder whether the first point should not be the same as the first
> point of the input vector to keep the size the same. Does anybody have
> objections or can I make that change?
> >
> > Nicolas

C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto