[Kst] Kst filter plugin: cumulative moving average

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Tue Sep 4 21:13:22 UTC 2012

Hi David,

it's really nice from you to provide a patch! Posting on the list is OK, we don't have formalized review processes.
I think we can include it, provided it is a new functionality and clearly understandable to the user what the effect is.
One thing I never use and which could come close is the "boxcar filter" option in the data range page of the import wizard.
@Barth: could you explain the effect of this boxcar option?
@David: you mention that you copied from cumulativesum, so what more does it do? What are the differences? (Sorry, no time to look at the code right now)

I don't know if this would have helped in your case, but I have been thinking about something which may be pretty cool. I'd call it "processing pipeline". The idea would be to define a series of treatments that have to be applied to input data in a repetitive way. We could define the whole chain and then apply it easily on a large number of inputs. I believe that would be pretty cool, though I must admit it is not trivial to design. In the end, the best way to achieve that may well be scripting, which is why I'd like to see it extended to plugins and equations in the near future.

Nicolas