[Kst] branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/src

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Wed Nov 21 23:43:48 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Nicolas Brisset <nicolas.brisset at free.fr>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry, but these days I have very little time. I manage to send a couple
> of mails, but I haven't come around to adding the offset and time index
> options I meant to, even though it should be easy...
> Anyway, see my comments below to Peter's last changes and your (Barth)
> comments.
> To sum up because it may be somewhat entangled below:
> - if the X axis contains C time, set interpretation to C time, that can't
> hurt and otherwise many users will be confused (C time is not intuitive)

Yes.  the data source will return a flag which will say if it thinks the
vector isTime().  Each data source has to come up with its own heuristics
there.

> - for the display format add something to the page where we select the X
> axis. Minimal version: a checkbox to automatically set the display format,
> complete version: the controls we currently have in the X-Axis dialog

I think that, like all other plot features, this should be done with the
plot default system, rather than adding to the dialog.
Exception: we could consider adding an 'is time' checkbox.

C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto
416-845-0946