[Kst] Library for reading/writing MAT-files

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Fri Mar 23 21:36:56 UTC 2012

Hi Andrea,

yes, it is right. I have recently implemented support for reading Matlab files into Kst.
I used the very nice matio C library for that. There is no website, but the project is active and the code well written and documented.
You can find more info on http://sourceforge.net/projects/matio/
I had some mail exchanges with the developer (you can find his email in the matio sources) and he even seems to be working on new features.

I will have a look at your library, but I fear the information came a bit late...
And you say there are no dependencies, but apparently there is boost, which is not so small, is it?

Have you ever had a look at matio? I'd be interested to know how you consider the 2 projects, their respective advantages or disadvantages.

Thanks anyway for the information, and be sure to give us some feedback is you use Kst now that you know it exists.

Nicolas