[Kst] Library for reading/writing MAT-files

Andrea Arteaga andyspiros at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 21:00:26 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I just discovered your project reading the KDE Commit-Digest (yes, it
IS useful!). It's really interesting for us, scientific and
engineering users and I will take a deep look into it as soon as
possible.

In the meanwhile, I read that you are implementing the support for
Matlab (and Octave) MAT files. My Bachelor Thesis is about
constructing a C++ library for data exchange through this type of
files and I actually wrote a portable, easy-to-use, dependency-free
and very generic library for that. If you want to have a look, there
is some documentation on my page[1] and the sources on BitBucket[2].
If you think this could be useful, I could help you using it. It does
not seem to be a maintained project, but it actually is.

Thanks for your program!

Best regards
Andrea Arteaga

[1] http://n.ethz.ch/~arteagaa/matfile/