[Kst] Remaining bugs in 2.0.5

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Fri Jun 22 17:10:49 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Nicolas Brisset <nicolas.brisset at free.fr>wrote:

> - When you drag a text label, it first lands completely offset until you
> drag it again

I can't reproduce this, but I did find another bug while looking for it:
you can't set the default for reference bottom left or bottom right.

> - In zoom mode it is extremely hard to call the label menu from the RMB.
> In layout mode it's OK, but not everybody will think about that. Sometimes
> it works in zoom mode, but I haven't quite figured out when.

I see this too...  I'll fix it if its easy.

> - When formatting text labels you don't see the effect in the preview at
> the top of the dialog

What preview?

> , which would be minor if you saw the result when you hit apply but that's
> not the case. Apply seems to be broken!

I see this and will fix it.

> - I can't get the What's this to show in the label dialog to get help on
> formatting => make it the tooltip?

I get a what's this '?' icon in the window frame that works fine.  You
don't?
In any case, a better system might be in order.  This might even call for a
'format help' button (?)

> - When using formatted text there is no underline button, even though it
> is pretty standard (there again, LaTEX is your friend... if you're a
> geek!). If it's not too hard, we could add it for the sake of habit. But
> it's not a real must. I'll let you decide on that one.

Underline is *lame*.

> - Text labels look bad and are sluggish during drag. (Use transparency
> while dragging is checked, otherwise it looks even worse)

Driver issue?  Upstream?

> - One more small bug: when you have an "Edit view item" window open and
> close the main window, Kst does not exit and the view dialog remains open.

I see this also.

> There are a couple other points I still have to think about more /
> experiment with:
> - y-axis shared boxes (I thought switching to create shared axis box and
> then drawing a horizontal rubberband encompassing plots in a same line
> would create a series of plots sharing y axes, but apparently it's not as
> simple as that?)

An axis is only shared automatically if all of the plots already have the
same range.

> - the save as default thing which also triggers apply

It does not trigger apply.  It just enables the apply button, so that you
can apply if you want to.

C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto
416-845-0946