[Kst] 2.0.6 tag and release

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Tue Jul 24 21:39:27 UTC 2012

> If the release is tagged and the packages made, I think we are fine
> to just move on. No branch necessary I guess.
OK

> As you see, the new thing is not particularly invasive.
> Lets just release asap.
Good

> Nicolas: what announcements do you have planned? Kde-announce, the
> kst email list, kde-apps, and qt-apps I assume.
Yes, I think that'S about it, plus kde-science and I think on sourceforge you can also announce new releases, we should try it.
One other thing that would be cool is a Kst blog aggregated on planetkde.org.

> I will update kde-apps, and add to qt-apps once I am told that the
> release/packages are in place and ready, and once I have the release
> announcement.
I'll have to prepare something for the release announcement.

> I think that this is going to be a very solid release that we can be
> pretty proud of!
Yes, it's a good release, but using it extensively the last days there are still some rough edges. Especially autolayout is getting on my nerves, plus there are bunches of fixme: setSlaveName (or something similar) in the data manager, and a few other issues I'm collecting to report them later. But on the whole, it works very well and you can do pretty neat things with it :-) Definitely more productive than any other plotting software I know of.