[Kst] [Patch] Improve .desktop file validation

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Tue Jul 10 18:11:39 UTC 2012

On 09.07.2012 14:29, Michael Palimaka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can verify the patch by running desktop-file-validate on the effect
> .desktop files.
>
> To summarise: the patch adds a missing trailing semi-colon, drops
> deprecated Encoding keys, adds a required 'major' category, and removes
> a single letter.
>
> Please don't hesitate to ask if I can provide any additional information.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

OK, on Ubuntu I get this:

$ find . -name "*.desktop" -exec desktop-file-validate  {} \;

./src/kst/kstdatasourceplugin.desktop: error: required key "Name" in group "Desktop Entry" is not present
./src/kst/kstdataobjectplugin.desktop: error: required key "Name" in group "Desktop Entry" is not present
./src/kst/kstbasicplugin.desktop: error: required key "Name" in group "Desktop Entry" is not present
./src/kst/kstfilter.desktop: error: file contains group "PropertyDef::X-Kst-Filter-Author", but groups extending the
format should start with "X-"
./src/kst/kstfilter.desktop: error: file contains group "PropertyDef::X-Kst-Filter-Library", but groups extending the
format should start with "X-"
./src/kst/kstfilter.desktop: error: required key "Name" in group "Desktop Entry" is not present
./src/kst/kstplugin.desktop: error: file contains group "PropertyDef::X-Kst-Plugin-Author", but groups extending the
format should start with "X-"
./src/kst/kstplugin.desktop: error: file contains group "PropertyDef::X-Kst-Plugin-Version", but groups extending the
format should start with "X-"
./src/kst/kstplugin.desktop: error: required key "Name" in group "Desktop Entry" is not present
./src/kst/x-kst2.desktop: warning: value "MimeType" for key "Type" in group "Desktop Entry" is deprecated
./src/kst/x-kst2.desktop: warning: key "DefaultApp" in group "Desktop Entry" is deprecated
./src/kst/x-kst2.desktop: warning: key "Patterns" in group "Desktop Entry" is deprecated
./src/kst/x-kst2.desktop: error: required key "Name" in group "Desktop Entry" is not present
./src/kst/x-kst2.desktop: error: key "MimeType" is present in group "Desktop Entry", but the type is "MimeType" while
this key is only valid for type "Application"
./src/kst/kstextension.desktop: error: file contains group "PropertyDef::X-Kst-Enabled", but groups extending the format
should start with "X-"
./src/kst/kstextension.desktop: error: file contains group "PropertyDef::X-Kst-Extension-Name", but groups extending the
format should start with "X-"
./src/kst/kstextension.desktop: error: required key "Name" in group "Desktop Entry" is not present
./src/datasources/dmc/kstdata_dmc.desktop: warning: value "Moduul f?r't Lesen vun PLANCK-DMC-Daten" for key
"Comment[nds]" in group "Desktop Entry" looks redundant with value "Moduul f?r't Lesen vun PLANCK-DMC-Daten" of key
"Name[nds]"

We don't install

./src/kst/kstdatasourceplugin.desktop
./src/kst/kstdataobjectplugin.desktop
./src/kst/kstbasicplugin.desktop
./src/kst/kstfilter.desktop
./src/kst/kstextension.desktop

any more. Do you think this is correct and we could remove them?
dmc is also obsolete.

Then only ./src/kst/x-kst2.desktop needs some more fixes.

Thanks,
Peter