[Kst] [Patch] Improve .desktop file validation

Michael Palimaka kensington at gentoo.org
Mon Jul 9 12:29:17 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-09 05:30, Peter Kümmel wrote:

> On 06.07.2012 21:00, Barth Netterfield wrote:
>> Peter,
>>
>> Do you know about this kind of stuff?  If so, can you verify that it
>> is correct, and then commit.  If not, I can try to
>> muddle through it.  Let me know.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> cbn
>
> I'm not very familiar with this stuff, but it looks only like the OP has
> verified it somehow.
>
> Peter
Hi,

You can verify the patch by running desktop-file-validate on the effect
.desktop files.

To summarise: the patch adds a missing trailing semi-colon, drops
deprecated Encoding keys, adds a required 'major' category, and removes
a single letter.

Please don't hesitate to ask if I can provide any additional information.

Best regards,
Michael