[Kst] Import of CR+LF character files problem

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Thu Apr 26 21:53:24 UTC 2012

On 26.04.2012 12:30, syoma at meta.ua wrote:
> Hi all,
> Thank you for the great tool. But unfortunately I have some problems with
> impoting ASCII files.
> Our software creates text log files, which were normally imported with
> MATLAB. The files are TAB separated data with Header with Column names.
> But when I tried to import them with KST2 I met with problem: the files
> were not imported.
> I analyzed the files and found that my header had CR(0x0D) + LF(0x0A)
> characters at the end of each line, but data lines were separated only
> with LF(0x0A) character.
> I tried to use another file from my older software which had only LF
> character - worked. File with CR+LF character worked.
> So only it seems that file with mixure of CR+LF and LF only character can
> not be imported.
> So my dummy question - can KST2 be modified in order to be able to
> translate such files? For me it is not so possible to modify my software,
> and By the way MATLAB, as well as Excel import such files without any
> problem.
>
> Regards, Artyom

Hi Artyom,

I couldn't reproduce this when all parameters in the ascii config dialog are correct.
But it is very easy to enter invalid data which prevents the loading:

     Data starts at line         1
     Read field names from line  1

With this setting to line 1 in both cases it also doesn't load the data here,
maybe you had the same error.

I've uploaded a new release candidate which catches such invalid configurations:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/kst/files/Snapshots/

Peter