[Kst] Update on kde-apps.org

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Fri Oct 7 18:47:48 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Nicolas Brisset <nicolas.brisset at free.fr> wrote:
> [...] the download count on sf.net. 2.0.4 is already pretty close to having reached the overall number for 2.0.3 and that only a couple of days after the release, and before I have exhausted all the communication ideas I have :-) Sounds good, doesn't it? The trend is definitely positive.

Very cool.  And 2.0.4 is a pretty solid release, so hopefully we won't
lose many of them :-)

> One thing I find pretty interesting is to separate the communication actions in time, so that we can see the influence of each action on the download statistics (aka evaluating the efficiency of the various communication channels). One thing we should do in the coming days is update kde-apps.org. Barth, I think you're the only one who can do it...

OK.  I'll try to do it this weekend.

> And a related question: should we register kst also on qt-apps.org as the 2.x series is no longer dependent on KDE?

Seems  like a good idea.  Are you aware of any policy issues with
having them cross-listed?

I want to shoot for our next release in one month.  Hopefully with an
'beta quality' scripting implementation.  Scripting is working pretty
well for me.... I'm actually using it to analyze star formation data
:-)  It is very convenient!  The big issue remains how to make the
compiled C++ stuff portable on the python side.

--
C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto