[Kst] Re: link step failing with qmake

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Wed May 18 08:34:18 CEST 2011

Dear Nadine,

it seems you are doing all this from the command line. I don't know if
you can install qtcreator on that machine, but I'd definitely recommend
doing this. It makes a lot of things easier, compiling among others. I
don't know if you only want to use kst or also plan to be developing
some stuff around it, but if you also want to be able to develop then
really consider installing qtcreator.

The other point is that we're slowly moving away from qmake and using
cmake instead, which is now the recommended build system. Qmake should
still work at this point, though.

So let us know if qtcreator is an option, and if yes just open
[source_root]/kst.pro (qmake) or [source_root]/cmake/CMakeLists.txt
(cmake) file from the File->Open menu and let the tool guide you. If you
have more than one Qt installation on your machine, you may want to set
it in the Settings to make sure the right one gets picked up.

Hoping that helps,

Nicolas

> Hi All,
>
> I'm attempting to build kst with qmake (./build-kst) on a machine
running
> SUSE 10.2 and am running into some troubles.
>
> I've set QTDIR as per the instructions in INSTALL.qmake:
> # echo $QTDIR
> /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.3
>
> But after doing a grep -r, I'm quite sure the only places this
variable
> happens is in documentation.
>

> I've set every INCLUDE variable that I thought might be used:
> # printenv | grep INCLUDE
> CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.3/include/QtSvg
> OBJC_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.3/include/QtSvg
> INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.3/include/QtSvg
> C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.7.3/include/QtSvg
>
> The only other change I've made from the distributed kst 2.0.3 is in
> kst.pri where the CONFIG line is now:
>      CONFIG += warn_on staticlib qt
> I added "staticlib" to avoid a problem with a -fPIC error.  I also
added
> the qt option thinking it might help with my current issue.
>
> My problem, when I do
>    ./build-kst
> it is failing with:

Eurocopter Deutschland GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Donauwoerth
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Augsburg HRB 16508
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Lutz Bertling
Geschaeftsfuehrung/Board of Management:
Dr. Wolfgang Schoder, Vorsitzender/CEO; Friedrich-Wilhelm Hormel; Ralf Barnscheidt

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This communication and the information it contains is intended for the addressee(s) named above and for no other persons or organizations. It is confidential and may be legally privileged and protected by law. The unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of this communication or any part of it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, kindly notify us by return e-mail and discard and/or delete the communication. Thank you very much.
It is possible for e-mails to be intercepted or affected by viruses. Whilst we maintain virus checks on our e-mails, we accept no liability for viruses or other material which might be introduced with this message.