[Kst] Re: branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/src

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Tue Mar 22 21:27:42 CET 2011

On 22.03.2011 20:28, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> SVN commit 1225667 by netterfield:
>
> BUG:
>
> Fix saving and reloading of plugins with input scalars....
> The short name system plugin re-load assumes that no primitives were
> created between the creation of the data object, and the creation of
> the last slave vector of the object.
> This is true, except for when a scalar is automatically created
> from the config dialog before all of the output scalars have been
> created.  This patch makes the output scalars always be created
> before the inputs are set, avoiding that problem.  I have changed
> the order for all plugins, even those for which it doesn't matter.
> This is a bit of a fragile solution, but it does work....

I've reverted my workaround in fitpolynomial_unweighted.cpp because
it was no generic solution. But then the reload bug pops up again.
So the order of output/input doesn't matter here.

The problem (when loading) is that the dataobject is created with
a xnum, and it assumes that xnum is incremented when the input scalar
is loaded. But the scalar already exits with the initial xnum as name.
Thus xnum is not incremented and when the xnum value is used for the
next creation of a scalar then two scalars have the same name.