[Kst] Re: Creating Datasource Reader

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Fri Mar 18 23:52:39 CET 2011

>> In short, my file will *not* be a *.kst file. Instead it'll be some
>> other format (that contains an ASCII header followed by ASCII or binary
>> data) which when opened by Kst should bring up the plot as written
>> inside it's header.
>> I wanted to know if a custom reader would make this work.

Reading your questions I had the idea that it would be also
a great feature for Kst and couldn't stop me ;)

    http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kst/2011-March/019510.html

I assume this is what you are locking for. So, now you only
have to write a plugin for your data files and the current
Kst version would plot all vectors in your data against
the index without any user input.
If you wanna a different behavior you could overwrite the
default by implementing 'autoCurves' in your plugin.

Cheers,
Peter