[Kst] A couple of issues with the new ASCII

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Wed Jan 26 23:10:56 CET 2011

So, now I can do some tests, and here are some problems I have come across and which must absolutely be solved prior to 2.0.3 (wrong data loaded!!!).

I have tried loading p, q, r against Time_rel from the new fixed-width+delimiter.txt sample file with various settings which should all work. Some don't!
In all cases, I used "Custom delimiter: ;" as the other setting expectedly does not work.
1) "Do not make assumptions on column width": OK
2) "Each column has a constant width": not good, compare the first 20 samples in the view vector dialog: there are sign problems
3) "All columns have the same width: 13 characters": the delimiter is not correctly handled. It keeps being reset to whitespace

Apart from that, I have just remembered another thing which we wanted to do: trimm whitespace from the vector names. When doing the above tests, you'll know what I mean... I wanted to do it, but the function that returns the field list is awfully complicated (why?) and I'd first need to understand how it is built up. I don't feel up to it just now.

Nicolas

P.S.: I have the impression that the AsciiSourceConfig::load function is never used (the one Peter has doubts about). I have put a breakpoint in it, and it does not stop when using the data wizard nor when loading a .kst from an ASCII file. Is there a sure way to know if it is called somewhere else in the code? Looking for load( does not sound like a good idea :-)