[Kst] Re: My idea of 2.0.3

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Wed Jan 26 22:15:09 CET 2011

Hi Peter,

> - DataSource strings for all datasources analog to commit 1217322
> - Kst hangs when plugin for datasource is not available
> - review xml parsing of asciisource
>
> > What have I forgotten?
I can't test or look at the code right now, so from the top of my head and possibly including things you have already done:
- adapting loading/saving ASCII config with the two sets of radio buttons in the new UI
- skipping the line with field names when generating header strings
- making it so that in the view strings dialog, the datasources have names like vectors have (e.g. "my_file.txt (DS1)")
- making sure that all strings (kst-level, datasource-level and primitive-level) are added to the dropdown in the text creation dialog

I think that was about it... But we have to test the rewritten ASCII datasource, because we want it to be very robust and with all the changes that have gone into it there is a pretty high risk of regressions. Ideally, we would have tests to catch such regressions. But unfortunately we have only few and I don't know if they cover that. Maybe it is time to add some, if it's not too much work?

By the way, if you could upload a windows beta it would be nice.