[Kst] Re: branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/src/libkstapp

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Thu Jan 20 09:54:57 CET 2011

> I've removed the directory from the name and added it as value. Is
this
> OK?
The idea is very good, however I think the implementation should be
different. Here, that string is visible only in the view dialog. I think
it should be created at kst level, so that one can e.g. use it in a text
label.
Now that I'm thinking of it, here is how I would do things:
- each datasource should have a short name as identifier, which would be
the filename + (S[nb of the datasource]), just like for other objects.
Consistence is good! Maybe the store already provides that?
- each datasource should provide some string metadata which is not read
from the file but added by the datasource class itself for all file
types: File Name, Directory, Full Path, and possibly other file
attributes.
That way, we would have a short string to use in the tree view to
reference the datasource and the Directory property would be a
per-datasource string and appear naturally just where you have put it
now. It would be the cleanest solution, I think.

> Yes, the dialog is filled only when opened.
But if it has an update() function, we could call it from the create
scalar/string dialogs. And if it doesn't, we could create it :-)
I think we have access to pointers to those dialogs when they exist...

Nicolas

Eurocopter Deutschland GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Donauwoerth
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Augsburg HRB 16508
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Lutz Bertling
Geschaeftsfuehrung/Board of Management:
Dr. Wolfgang Schoder, Vorsitzender/CEO; Friedrich-Wilhelm Hormel; Ralf Barnscheidt

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This communication and the information it contains is intended for the addressee(s) named above and for no other persons or organizations. It is confidential and may be legally privileged and protected by law. The unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of this communication or any part of it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, kindly notify us by return e-mail and discard and/or delete the communication. Thank you very much.
It is possible for e-mails to be intercepted or affected by viruses. Whilst we maintain virus checks on our e-mails, we accept no liability for viruses or other material which might be introduced with this message.