[Kst] Re: On the way to 2.0.3

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Sat Feb 5 23:59:39 CET 2011

Barth,

I fear I had not read your mail yesterday completely. So here are some comments I wanted to make.
----- "Barth Netterfield" <netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca> a écrit :

> 1) deciding where to put the options ("Labels", or "X/Y-Axis"). I still tend to favor the 1st option.
> Maybe.... It would be easier to use there. I'll move it.
Should I provide a .ui mockup of what I have in mind? Or is it clear enough to you? Basically, what I'd like to see there is:
- a way to decide if there should be a top/bottom/right/left margin + label - with top and right being suppressed by default
- when a side is suppressed, the other fields (label contents lineedit and "Auto" checkbox) are deactivated

2) I think the option should be added at the datawizard level, where there currently is "Rescale all labels on tab" (what is that, by the way?)
> Not sure I agree. I think of it as a pretty advanced use, for when shared axis boxes are not what you want (they almost always are...) or am I missing something? What is your use-case?Well, I must admit I don't use shared axis boxes so much

"Rescale all labels on tab" means automatically rescale the font sizes in existing plots when you add more plots. Without this, the font sizes stay the same size.

3) making sure that the top label disappears when you suppress it, currently it seems it only gets moved down to the area inside the axes!

OK. It should still appear in shared axis boxes though.