[Kst] Re: On the way to 2.0.3

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Sat Feb 5 03:32:35 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Nicolas Brisset <nicolas.brisset at free.fr>wrote:

> Auto-layout tends to get on one's nerves

Its basically broken.  I will attack it soon.

> So what's left in my opinion is:
> - fixing Reimund's bug

I fixed the problem with file override from the command line.  I will commit
shortly (its on a different computer).

- finalizing Barth's changes to label/margin suppression, that is:
>  1) deciding where to put the options ("Labels", or "X/Y-Axis"). I still
> tend to favor the 1st option.

Maybe....  It would be easier to use there.   I'll move it.

>  2) I think the option should be added at the datawizard level, where there
> currently is "Rescale all labels on tab" (what is that, by the way?)

Not sure I agree.  I think of it as a pretty advanced use, for when shared
axis boxes are not what you want (they almost always are...) or am I missing
something?  What is your use-case?

"Rescale all labels on tab" means automatically rescale the font sizes in
existing plots when you add more plots.  Without this, the font sizes stay
the same size.

 3) making sure that the top label disappears when you suppress it,
> currently it seems it only gets moved down to the area inside the axes!

OK.  It should still appear in shared axis boxes though.

--
C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto