[Kst] Refresh kst documentation for kst2.x

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Tue Dec 13 15:44:29 UTC 2011

HI,

so I'm back online only now. I see you've started working on the
subject, I hope you've been able to produce something. It seems nobody
was available to answer your questions below, but I hope you will have
been able to figure them out by yourself. In case you are still
interested in the answers, here they are:

1)      Yes, you only have to edit the .docbook files

2)      Common tasks are a workflow-oriented description how to use kst
(seen from the user perspective, a sort of quick start guide). They
still make sense for kst 2.x. Scripting has changed a lot, and
extensions are currently also pretty different, so just leave those
chapters empty and we'll take care of them.

My hope for the result of your work (or call it priorities if you wish)
would be:

-          Obsolete Kst 1.x parts removed (things you no longer find in
kst 2.x, or which have changed significantly like extensions, plugins,
scripting)

-          Common tasks (quick start guide) more or less complete, even
though we will probably have to review it

-          Clear structure with the other chapters available as draft
version, at least for the contents which can be reused from kst 1.x

-          It would be very nice to have the new screenshots (from the
homepage) included, at least for the most important UI elements. But
that may be too much for the given time frame. I could open up a new
task specifically for that.

I hope that gives you the answers you wanted. The deadline ends in 5
hours, I hope you will be able to upload your work in time on the
Code-In website, or by posting it here (use svn diff, or put the results
of your work in a .zip or .tar.gz file).

Nicolas