[Kst] branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/src

Joshua drmrshdw at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 18:35:56 UTC 2011

Nicolas,

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Brisset, Nicolas <
Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com> wrote:

> > SVN commit 1243290 by joshuanetterfield:
> >
> > Adds a completer to the equation editor and label editor.
> Hi Joshua,
>
> Somehow your name sounds familiar :-) I guess you'll have top-notch
> support to get started on kst!

Indeed! :)

I've just come back from vacation and I'm working myself slowly through
> the accumulated mails. I couldn't resist testing your new
> auto-completer. It looks pretty nifty! Thanks a lot.
> The only thing I kind of miss is a sort of search-as-you-type function.
> For example, if I'm looking for the mean of a vector whose name starts
> with ALPHA, and I have a lot of ALPHA* vectors with a lot of scalars
> each, I'd like to be able to type alpha*mean in the lineedit (yes,
> case-insensitive even!) and get a list of matches. I have not looked at
> the code, so I have no idea how difficult this would be, but it'd be
> tremendously helpful. And I think there's even a wish for something
> similar in bugzilla, though I'm too lazy to look for it now!

Glad it's useful! It should already be case insensitive (let me know if it's
not!). I just wrote code to handle strings in the form "[alpha*mean*" (I'll
commit it as soon as I fix some bugs). Would any other syntax (e.g., regexp)
be useful?

> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas

Josh