[Kst] Video tutorials: coming soon, really!

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Wed Apr 6 00:14:44 CEST 2011

Hi everybody,

no I'm not dead, and I've even spent half of last night trying to get a decent kst video ready. I'll detail my workflow another day (the least I can say is that I had to experiment *a lot* and use a mix of Windows and Linux tools). For now I'd like you to have a look at:

http://nicolas.brisset.free.fr/kst_videos/
and
http://nicolas.brisset.free.fr/kst_videos/index_flash.html

Please tell me which works best / which you prefer. The contents are 100% the same, but the first one tries all HTML5 options before falling back to the Flash-based flowplayer tool while the second one uses flowplayer directly to play a H264-encoded video. I know about patents and so on, but in the meantime I'm way past those considerations. I just want something that works on as many platforms as possible!

Please forgive my pronunciation mistakes (remember: I'm French!). If you have some constructive feedback, I'd be happy to hear it. And once this first video is done, creating and uploading more should not be overly difficult. I should be able to make the official announcement of 2.0.3 "soon".

Nicolas

P.S.: I'd be happy to hear about a way to locate those files elsewhere. Barth, you seemed to have an idea - you know how to reach me!