[Kst] Re: branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/src

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Mon Sep 27 09:21:54 CEST 2010

On 26.09.2010 23:59, Nicolas Brisset wrote:
> SVN commit 1180064 by brisset:
>
> I think the toolbar/menu reorganization has really brought something. This is the result of all the discussions on the list, where I tried to reach the best compromise. Let's wait for more user feedback now, but I think it is looking really good now!
>
> With slightly more details:
> - improve the zoom icons once again (including Barth's paper clip :-). Doing icons for 22x22 is really difficult!
> - add missing ellipse icon, it's not perfect but hopefully good enough
> - implement the ideas I liked from the suggestions on the list (order of toolbars, data manager in "Tools" menu, ...)
> - restore toolbar state from one session to the next, so that everybody can have it the way he/she wants
> - really make it clear that xy-zoom, x-only zoom, y-only zoom, and layout mode are exclusive interaction modes, and data mode and tied zoom options. Forget the discussion and just try it for a while, I think it works just great!

The Icons for x/y-zoom are really good!

But there is a bug with the exclusivity of the mode buttons: at least data mode and layout mode are exclusive,
but having the three x/y-zoom buttons we don't need a extra data mode button: we switch to data mode for
zooming. Made the changes in svn, if they are OK, I remove the _dataModeAct completely, currently they are only
commented out.

Peter