[Kst] branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/src

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Sun Sep 26 13:05:03 CEST 2010

On 26.09.2010 12:55, Peter Kümmel wrote:
>>   -I still think we should move tied zoom.   I don't think its a mode.
>
> In normal live we don't switch explizit modes. Again we force the user to
> think like a developer. A user wanna do things, not switching modes. The
> mode must be changed behind the scene when the user starts something. So
> I would rename "Mode" and would look for better description for the menu
> entries, f.i. "Layout mode" -> "Change Layout" ?

Therefore we only have a checkable menu entry "Change Layout" which switches
internal to data mode when not checked and to layout mode when checked.
Calling "Edit Layout" gives the idea to move this entry into the "Edit" menu.

Maybe we should have some interviews with non-technicans to get a idea
what a user wanna do and how he would name/describe it. This should help
us not to reflect our architecture in the menu entries.

Peter