[Kst] Kst-2.0.1-beta3

nicolas.brisset at free.fr nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Sat Sep 25 13:33:36 CEST 2010

> For Windows I've released Kst-2.0.1-beta3 binaries
> with the brand new 4.7 Qt dlls.
Great! Do you notice anything (good or bad) linked with the switch to 4.7?

> So we should discuss what will end up in 2.0.1.
Right, I have just updated the wiki page on http://community.kde.org/KDE_Science/Kst/roadmap and integrated Barth's wishlist that was under devel-docs (I haven't deleted that file, Barth can you do it once you've cross-checked with the wiki page?).
I'd suggest using the wiki page to coordinate the contents of the next releases.

My personal opinion is that we should try to finish for 2.0.1 the most visible UI changes, so that I can make screencasts to put on the website and people don't get confused when they look at them in 3 months from now, where we'll be a couple of versions further.
Promotion takes time, so we should start as soon as possible. The changes also impact strings, which have to be stabilized as much as possible before we start translating the app. And I don't think the changes we have started will take so long that they're too much for 2.0.1.

Then for 2.0.2 we clearly have to hire more developers, or split the release into smaller pieces because otherwise it'll take too long. We also said we wanted to start earlier with KDE integration, which is not reflected in the current wiki page. (By the way, running a self-compiled kst2 here gets me KDE file dialogs => black voodoo magic???)