[Kst] Re: branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/src

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Wed Nov 24 09:18:30 CET 2010

Hi Barth/others,

> SVN commit 1200143 by netterfield:
Nice improvements. Have just tested and here are a few remarks:

> BUG: 221673
> -Menu option to specify if tied zoom spans tabs.
I was confused at first when testing it, because:
1) you have to get used to the fact that the button no longer indicates
tied status (but I agree that this is better, as otherwise it could be
inconsistent - and there are the indicators at the top right corner)
2) activating tied zoom status does not activated tied zoom on all tabs
=> I would definitely change that. I.e. when activating "tie between
tabs", really activate tied zoom in all tabs. When deactivating the
option, I would leave each tab in its current status and let the user
de-tie inside the tab if he/she so wishes.
I could probably do that, but I'll leave it to you so that you have a
chance to disagree, and besides that you'll certainly do it much faster
than I would.

> -The tied zoom button *toggles* tied stat in current tab.  Since
> individual plots can be tied and untied, it is not a latching
> button.
Agreed, even though confusing for long-time users. See above.

> -add a head to curves, so the most current data can be identified in
XY
> plots that do not have  monotinic X vectors.
I see. Can be useful. But we probably need at least some symbols like
"<" and ">" as well. It can't hurt and if you want to show the direction
of a curve which has one, there are no symbols looking like left or
right arrows.

I have updated the wiki roadmap page to try and keep track of the status
for 2.0.3/2.0.4. Maybe we should split 2.0.3 up, because it looks like a
lot right now. I think Peter will have more time soon, so maybe he'll
implement all that faster than I report new wishes :-)
But I think we should stick to the "release often" part of the mantra,
that gives momentum and allows users to get the new features quickly.

Nicolas

P.S.: [shameless reminder] I have received exactly *0* screenshot as of
now. I can't believe nobody has anything nice to show off!

Eurocopter Deutschland GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Donauwoerth
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Augsburg HRB 16508
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Lutz Bertling
Geschaeftsfuehrung/Board of Management:
Dr. Wolfgang Schoder, Vorsitzender/CEO; Friedrich-Wilhelm Hormel; Ralf Barnscheidt

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This communication and the information it contains is intended for the addressee(s) named above and for no other persons or organizations. It is confidential and may be legally privileged and protected by law. The unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of this communication or any part of it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, kindly notify us by return e-mail and discard and/or delete the communication. Thank you very much.
It is possible for e-mails to be intercepted or affected by viruses. Whilst we maintain virus checks on our e-mails, we accept no liability for viruses or other material which might be introduced with this message.