[Kst] Capture/Replay tool for Kst

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Sun May 30 13:51:31 CEST 2010

Hooq is a Qt GUI testing tool which records and replays user events:

http://www.fredemmott.co.uk/blog/2010/01/18/Qt4%20GUI%20Testing%20with%20Hooq

I've uploaded a binary release of Hooq which works with our current Kst betas
for Windows:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kst/files/Snapshots/Hooq-for-Kst-2.0.0-win32-7z.exe/download

I wanna see if it is maybe possible to use Hooq for some automated GUI tests.
It could also be used for reporting bugs: with a recorded script the bug should
be clearly reproducible.

ATM I don't know how stable/usable Hooq is for such things. So if someone
has the time to play with it please report your experiences.

Under Linux Hooq needs some additional libraries when building.
I've tested it with the current Kubuntu version which have all
the needed dependencies it its repositories.

Peter