[Kst] kst2 on OS X : clock_gettime

Ted Kisner tskisner.public at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 15:55:13 CEST 2010

Hi Peter,

On Aug 27, 2010, at 1:02 AM, Peter Kuemmel wrote:

> The class MeasureTime is only used for some internal profiling and
> not that important.

ah, ok, that is fine then.

> I would add you patch but don't like the license
> because of this entry:
>
> 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

I agree, sorry I did not read it too carefully...

> So I would first simply disable the clock call on OS X.

I saw your commit- thanks!

> Hope you could resolve the linker stuff.
> Is there a LD_LIBRARY_PATH on OS X? On Linux i have to set it to kst/build/lib.

I think it is mostly my own ignorance about how OS X packages applications.  The result of a kst2 build produces the executables and libraries in a directory that looks like other os x applications, but the dynamic libraries are not found at runtime.  I saw something in my searches about configuring qmake to produce "library bundles" on os x, so I am guessing I just need to read a bit more.  Likely it is just a matter of some conditional lines in the qmake files.  As soon as I sort it out, I'll report back.  Would be good to distribute OS X packages for kst2 as well...

-Ted