[Kst] kst2 on OS X : clock_gettime

Peter Kuemmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Fri Aug 27 10:02:33 CEST 2010

> Hi there everyone,
>
> I was just building a fresh kst2 checkout on OS X 10.6.4 (I am new to OS
> X), and I hit a problem- OS X does not implement the clock_gettime function.
>  There is a work-around posted here:
>
> http://le-depotoir.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/misc/clock_gettime_stub.c
>
> I have integrated this into my local checkout, and it compiles now.
> Attached is a patch with the changes I made.  Could someone review this and
> commit it if you think it is ok?
>
> Now I just need to resolve my dynamic library loading issue so I can try
> to run kst2 itself!
>
> -Ted

Hi Ted,

great you try Kst to compile on OS X!

The class MeasureTime is only used for some internal profiling and
not that important. I would add you patch but don't like the license
because of this entry:

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

So I would first simply disable the clock call on OS X.

Hope you could resolve the linker stuff.
Is there a LD_LIBRARY_PATH on OS X? On Linux i have to set it to kst/build/lib.

Peter