[Kst] Kst 2.0.0 rc1

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Fri Aug 13 14:50:00 CEST 2010

Barth Netterfield wrote:
> OK.  Lets go with a release.
>
> How time consuming are releases to do?  Could we reduce it to running a script?

Releasing the source code is fast, only call the new script
misc/release-source.sh

For building a mingw binary there also a script, but with hard coded
pathes for my setup.

> At the current rate of bug-fixing etc, users could probably benefit
> from monthly minor releases (we do in BLASTpol through Steve's ppa).

This is an good idea, then we would really use the third version number.

Is this ppa public available?

> Peter, can you make sure it gets pushed to the KDE servers?

Yes, I only have to add in the www folder of kst.

When all is OK I would tag the release as 2.0.0 in
svn.kde.org/home/kde/tags/kst

(Shouldn't we move all the beta tags also into this tag dir?)

Peter