[Kst] plotting a data

Ben Lewis asuomynona at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 22:02:23 CET 2009

Hi Tadele,

I'm also new to KST but I will try to answer your question as best I can.

Your "mathematical software" will need to write the data to be plotted
to a file in real time.  You will need to use one of the supported file
formats (ASCII, dirfile, CDF, netCDF, piolib, FITS, HEALPix, qimage).
Then you point KST to this file and configure it to read any appended
data at regular intervals.

What function does your "mathematical software" perform? KST may be able
to perform this with its own built in mathematical functions or plugins.

Regards, Ben