[Kst] Kst 2.0

Matthew D Truch matt at truch.net
Fri Nov 13 20:54:43 CET 2009

And some more issues with a recent svn of kst2 (original issues repeated
below):

PSDs are slow.  Really slow.  With live data (100Hz, 40000 samples), 4
psds plotted along with 4 xy plots makes kst unusably slow.  Everything
crawls to a standstill.

Change Data Sample Ranges doesn't have an icon on the menu bar (that I
found); it was very convienient there.

Change data sample ranges doesn't seem to apply to psds.  Either that or
their update was so slow I never waited long enough for it to appear.

The data manager doesn't have a purge button.

New Equation (or new pretty much anything) is harder to find as they
seem to be only available through the data manager.

Curves are rendered slightly above where they should be.  Take a plot
that it is of very boring data (like always exactly zero) and it'll be
drawn one pixel above the axis tick mark for zero.

Text for labels and axes is rendered (anti-aliased) non-uniformly.  One
plot may look sharp whereas the plot immediately below it will have text
that looks blurry (even out of focus).

--
"One in every seven days is a Thursday."
matt at truch.net
http://matt.truch.net/