[Kst] Ports ? Or Qt-only builds ?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Nov 11 18:48:12 CET 2008

Hi Barth,

On 11 November 2008 at 11:49, Barth Netterfield wrote:
| The 2.0 branch will be a pure Qt4 app.  We are releasing our first beta
| shortly.

That sounds great. Will it be 'just Qt' (plus of course gsl, cfitsio, netcdf,
... for plugins) ?  I.e. do you good re-create Qwt-style functionality, or
will you use Qwt?   I have no strong opinion either way and am merely curious :)

| It should work fine under windows and macOS, though we do all of
| our development under linux.

It will be nice to have kst on windoze. This should increase your userbase by
quite a bit.

| Porting kst1.x to qt3 would be a pretty huge job.

Agreed.

Cheers, Dirk