[Kst] Implementing a new type of chart

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Tue Dec 16 16:27:39 CET 2008

There are two aspects here:
	-processing the financial data to produce the Begin, End, High and Low
vectors.  This could easily be done in a plugin. (I'm assuming that the input
data is in the form Price(time).)
	-Drawing the candlestick/financebars.  This will require
		-changes to the UI (to define the 5 input vectors)
		-possible creation of a new class (it may not belong in 'curve')
		-changes to the drawing code to actually draw it.

As George implied, this is propably out of scope for the 1.x series, but may
prove tractable in the 2.x series, which is a very major re-write.

We intend to cast our eyes back onto the drawing code in the next month or so,
and when we do, I will look out for re-factoring which could make the
installation of such things easier (with a goal of 'trivial').  If it looks
like it will be tractable, I will get back to you.  Would you be able to put
any resources into implementation?

I expect a production release of 2.0 in about 3-4 months.

cbn