[Kst] Kst 2.0.0. Beta 1 Release

Matthew D Truch matt at truch.net
Sat Dec 13 18:20:46 CET 2008

> Well, the following allows me to compile kst successfully:
>
> 1) run qmake
> 2) remove all references to /usr/X11R6/lib in the Makefiles created by
> qmake.
> 3) make.

I had to do similar things to the Makefiles, although it was just for
the cfitsio library (and perhaps getdata).

> However, there are still a few issues with this build:
>
> 1) The library paths stored in the ELF header are wrong.  That is, they
> include the directory in which kst was built, not the place where I'd
> like to install it.  How do I specify the installation prefix?  Or am I
> supposed to re-link before installing?
>
> 2) "make install" doesn't do anything.

Don keeps beating me to the punch.  Ditto from my end.  I certainly
can't package up kst for Fedora (and I doubt anyone for any distribution
without these in order (along with a working DESTDIR-type target for
make install).

Finally, is this beta supposed to be feature compatible with the kst 1.x
branch?  Should I submit bugs for things that you can't do with kst2
that you can in kst1?  If so, should I use the bugzilla, or just post
messages here?

That said, from the 34 seconds I've spent fiddling with kst2, it seems
much, MUCH faster and more responsive.

--
"Two Hundred -- And Forty Dollars -- Worth of Pudding -- Aww Yeah!"
matt at truch.net
http://matt.truch.net/