[Kst] GSL + kst license clash

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Thu Nov 1 16:37:15 CET 2007

On Thursday 01 November 2007, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> Right. QT is GPL2 only...
>
> So basically, GPLV3 will totally screw KDE, or cause nasty forks all over?
>
> Hmm... is the sky actually falling?

Not likely.  This issue has been talked about a lot within the KDE community.
Consensus is that right now we don't use GPLv3 libraries since it really
hasn't been an issue.  It should also be noted that TT is investigating
whether to update the GPL version of Qt to include compatibility with GPLv3.
This hasn't happened yet, but then it is a legal issue and I'm sure the legal
dept. at TT wants to study the situation carefully.

Adam