[Kst] Hard times...

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Wed Jan 10 16:38:11 CET 2007

Well, it looks like I'm doomed :-(
- My home PC is currently badly broken (it does not even boot !)
- I can't compile a recent kst on my Solaris machine at work (libtool
exists with error 1, I have no clue why, see yesterday's message)
- and a Linux PC I happen to have lying around (FedoraCore2 with
hand-compiled KDE 3.5.0) yields the following error, while it happily
compiled 1.3.1 recently:
datamanager.cpp: In constructor
`KstDataManager::KstDataManager(QWidget*, const
   char*, bool, unsigned int)':
datamanager.cpp:65: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct QHBox'
datamanager.h:22: error: forward declaration of `struct QHBox'
datamanager.cpp:67: error: no matching function for call to
`QGridLayout::
   addWidget(QHBox*&, int, int)'
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/include/qlayout.h:331: error: candidates are: void
   QGridLayout::addWidget(QWidget*, int, int, int)
gmake[2]: *** [datamanager.lo] Erreur 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/ldk/0/soft/svn/src/graphics/kst/src/libkstapp'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/ldk/0/soft/svn/src/graphics/kst/src'
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1

It's too bad, just when there are major reworkings ongoing on things I'm
so much interested in...
Well, until I get things back working, I will at least try to post
conceptual comments based on what I saw in the hierarchy branch with
datamanager patch applied (hopefully later today).
If anybody has a clue as to why I'm having trouble compiling, don't
hesitate to give me hints :-)