[Kst] TR: Merging

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Fri Jan 5 09:55:20 CET 2007

> > It seems some of the issues I have reported recently have
> been solved,
> > but some remain like change data sample ranges not working,
> and more
> > serious: how to update metadata when the source changes ?
>
>     The first item here, if it is a regression, will block merging.
> The second one will not.  Merging is only being held up by
> the possibility of regressions right now.  We will continue
> to sort out problems with the new features in trunk.
OK, Elis' last commit seems to have solved the issue with change data sample ranges.

> > One thing I wanted to test is whether changing a data file
> while a fit
> > was in use still leads to a deadlock, which is something I noticed
> > recently (not in this branch) and didn't have time to report. As it
> > stands, I'm off in a few seconds for one week of holidays,
> so I don't
> > have time to do more than write this mail.
> > I'll look into it when I'm back if nobody else has had time
> to do it.
>
>     If this was the case in trunk already it won't hold up
> merging, but I think this one is fixed anyway.
I confirm this seems to be fixed, even though I'm not 100% sure of my test case. Nothing to prevent merging anyway. Just note that I get a couple asserts when changing data files with two curves and one fit:
ASSERT: "myLockStatus() == KstRWLock::WRITELOCKED" in kstrvector.cpp (215)
ASSERT: "myLockStatus() == KstRWLock::WRITELOCKED" in kstrvector.cpp (399)
ASSERT: "myLockStatus() == KstRWLock::WRITELOCKED" in kstcplugin.cpp (531)
ASSERT: "myLockStatus() == KstRWLock::WRITELOCKED" in kstrvector.cpp (215)
ASSERT: "myLockStatus() == KstRWLock::WRITELOCKED" in kstrvector.cpp (399)
ASSERT: "myLockStatus() == KstRWLock::WRITELOCKED" in kstrvector.cpp (215)
ASSERT: "myLockStatus() == KstRWLock::WRITELOCKED" in kstrvector.cpp (399)

>     Well we need to merge as quickly as possible because it's
> really holding up some new work now.
For me it's fine to merge. It seems the only really annoying problem I have is out-of-source-tree datasources no longer working. I wonder whether that may be the reason for the error messages I reported before the holidays:
05/01/2007 09:49 Scanning for data-source plugins.05/01/2007 09:49 Error loading data plugin [kstdata_]: Impossible de trouver les fichiers bibliothèque pour « kstdata_.la » dans les chemins d'accès.05/01/2007 09:49 Error loading data plugin [kstdata_]: Impossible de trouver les fichiers bibliothèque pour « kstdata_.la » dans les chemins d'accès.
In any case, I think updating the external datasource template is necessary... No idea how much work it is, but I sure hope it's not too hard (read: it's not going to take too long :-).

Nice to see that everybody's back in full swing :-)