[Kst] branches/work/kst/1.5/kst/src/libkstapp

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Apr 12 21:06:51 CEST 2007

On 12-Apr-07, at 2:35 PM, arwalker at sumusltd.com wrote:

> Could you provide some data on how slow this will be for how many
> scalar
> values (only when the dialog is open of course - as it doesn't
> update when
> hidden)?

   Unless I'm missing something, it's O(n^2) with slow operations on
every update - dynamic casts and repaints - and a very large constant
factor.  Furthermore it took me over an hour to decipher what was
going on in this patch.  It's horribly convoluted.

   Also remove() is a poor API name.  It doesn't indicate at all what
is happening.

> Do you feel that no dialog is better than a dialog that is
> functional but updates more slowly than previously?

   Yes absolutely.  It's not the dialog slowness that is the
concern.  It slows down all of Kst.