[Kst] Vector skip patch ?

Barth Netterfield netterfield at physics.utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 17 01:46:33 CEST 2006

AFAIKT, This would work in static mode, but in real time count-from-end mode,
it will not behave well:  If you are counting from the end, with skip on, I
assert that these three things should be true:
	-My plots should only update every SKIP frames (not every frame, as would
happen with the patch) and
	-old data should not change when new data comes in - it should just shift
into the past.  I have no idea what will happen to old data in terms of
shifting with this patch.
	-my plot should look like your plot, even if we started them at different
times.

This was the reasoning behind the old behavior - that new_F0 always be on a
skip boundry.  One can argue that for defined frame range or for read to end
mode, new_F0 could remain as set, but for count-from-end, it must be on a
skip boundry.  But then we are looking at a surprising difference in behavior
between modes - hence the idea that skip reads always start on skip
boundries.

Sorry that I was slow on this response.  I will look at your tests now.

cbn